Faculty & Staff
The Office of Global Health and Safety (OGHS) supports faculty and staff with a wide range of services that include:
- Developing review and approval processes for proposed travel
- Navigating Duke’s expectations, policies, and standards related to risk mitigation and emergency management
- Program- or experience-specific risk analysis and mitigation
- Vetting off-campus activities and excursions
- Consulting on participation agreements and risk waivers/releases for program participants
- Providing 24/7 on-call emergency support
- Crafting program- or experience-specific emergency management protocols
- Training for program leaders in health and safety and emergency management
- Enhancing pre-departure health and safety resources and protocols for program participants
To further support experiential education administrators at Duke, OGHS works closely with a variety of stakeholders to foster collaboration, information sharing, and the continued development of a culture that promotes health and safety in all endeavors.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about our services, please contact us at email@example.com.